Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Fruits and Foods in Ecuador

Here in Ecuador I have tried many types of fruits that I never had before.  Some of my favorite fruits here are: Granadilla, Maracuyá, Guanabana and Babaco.  And one of my favorite fruit juices is from "tomate de árbol" which means tree tomato.   This photo is of a fruit salad that I made for my lunch out of granadilla, banana and papaya.


Here is another food that is popular in Ecuador.  It is called Cuy, but the English name for it is Guinea pig.  In this photo I am crying because I don't like seeing their faces on the grill.  I have not eaten any Cuy.

3 comments:

  1. Nice blog ,Mave!I miss you alot! Love,Noura

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi mave pretty cool to have a blog right?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

    hows the new friend? I like the blog tell your mom and dad I say hi!




    from Sami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Noura and Sami,
    I miss you! Thank you for reading my blog.
    Love, Maeve

    ReplyDelete