Monday, May 4, 2015

TAIWAN

I went to a building in Taiwan called Taipei 101 but in Chinese they call it Yi Ling Yi.

In Taipei there are lots of night markets which are streets full of food stands and other things. In one of the night markets my mom made me try stinky tofu. It smelled sooo bad, it smelled like a rat that has been dead for 100 years. But it tasted delicious!
 
This is a another photo of a night market in Taiwan.
 
Something that is popular in Taipei are surgical masks. Almost everyone wears them! But we don't 
know why they do.
 
While we were in Taiwan we saw many rice fields. When you plant rice you have to flood the field with water and then when the rice plants turn goldish you have to drain the field and harvest them. 

 
Another thing that is popular is shaved ice with condensed milk.  I thought it was good.


This is a Buddhist temple. There are many temples with beautiful roofs.  The woman next to me is my grand aunt, who I call "xiao puo puo."
 
One more thing about Taiwan is that 7-ELEVENs are everywhere, and people can pay their bills at any 7-Eleven and even pay for parking on the street.
 
And here are some more photos from Taiwan:
 
 
and
and
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment